Home > Services
GIS Tools and Processes Development
I develop custom Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tools and processes that can
- help you implement new capabilities,
- enhance your efficiency, and
- extend the benefits of your investment in GIS technology.
The desktop or web tools and processes I create support geoprocessing, spatial analysis and mapmaking, and a wide range of other related GIS tasks such as data modeling, data development and system integration.
Esri Technology Focus
Development Technology Focus
- Python, including
Microsoft .NET (C# and VB.NET), ASP.NET (including MVC), Silverlight, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), including
- ArcGIS Pro SDK for Microsoft .NET - add-ins and solution configurations
- ArcObjects SDK for .NET
- ArcGIS Enterprise SDK - Server Object Extensions and Server Object Interceptors
- ArcGIS Runtime SDK (.NET) - desktop and mobile apps
Supporting GIS Infrastructure Development
With assistance whenever necessary, I can help put in place whatever is required to allow your GIS tools and processes to be employed for their intended purpose. This may include installation and configuration of desktop and server GIS functionality, database technology, and computing hardware.
GIS Development Training and Coaching
I provide custom training in GIS tools and processes development that can help you expand your capabilities and enhance your professional standing. Offerings include individual coaching, on-site training, and workshops at professional meetings, such as those listed on my GISPD.com Training page.
GIS Professional Development
Often with support from other GIS professionals, I contribute to the GIS profession by putting on presentations and sessions at conferences and elsewhere. As the details on my Presentations and GISPD.com Events pages show, the topics vary widely from, for example, technical matters, such as ArcGIS Pro Add-ins: An Introduction for the GIS Layperson, to non-technical subjects, such as The Art of the Helpful GIS Presentation.
- Depending on your requirements, I can complete projects individually or with assistance from other talented professionals.
- I’m based in Seattle, Washington but work with clients nationwide.
- There's no need for us to meet in person as long as we both have an Internet connection and communicate effectively via telephone and email.